Tuesday 5 March 2013

Toad in the Hole

The first of my recipes isn't really a recipe as such as I used prepared ingredients, purchased at the Gluten Free Food Fair in Ellesmere Port on Saturday! Easy and delicious.



The ingredients are as follows:

50g Foodamentalists Yorkshire Pudding Mix
6 Bramley Bangers sausages from Pig & co.
2 eggs
water
3 tsp vegetable oil

Preheat the oven to 200 degrees.

Arrange sausages on a deep baking tray with two teaspoons of vegetable oil. Bake on the top shelf for 10 minutes.  Meanwhile, prepare yorkshire pudding mix as packet states.  Take the sausages out of the oven once browned, and pour batter mix over immediately.  Place back in the centre of the oven for half an hour or so, until the yorkshire pudding is risen and golden. (As you can tell from my picture, my oven was too hot, resulting in the sides burning a little.  Still tasted good, though!)

I've tried the Foodamentalists yorkshire pudding mix before.  You cannot go wrong if you follow the packet instructions (and don't have your oven too high - doh!) and they taste delicious.  I can't tell the difference between these and non-gluten free ones! I've never had much success making my own gluten free yorkshire puddings, they always seem to come out looking like muffins! I would definitely rely on this mix for future use.  Look out for further posts on the Foodamentalists range of products.  I bought various products on Saturday from them, and will at some point visit their shop in Middlewich.  Meanwhile, check out their website, where you can purchase a variety of their products.

The sausages were lovely! Pig & co. make their sausages from rare breed, free range pigs, bred on their farm.  They contain no artificial flavours, use at least 85% pork and are gluten free.  Their sausages have even won awards in Cheshire. They cost £4.50 for 6 sausages, which is more than I would usually pay for sausages and they are a little smaller.  However, having tasted them, you are definitely paying for quality! I got their 'Bramley Bangers' which are flavoured with apple, cider and thyme.  They had a delicately sweet flavour, subtley seasoned with thyme, which complemented the pork beautifully.  The texture was crumbly and not greasy at all. I will definitely be buying these again!

Check out their online shop to see their range of flavours and other products for sale.

No comments:

Post a Comment