Monday 22 October 2012

Jamie Oliver's Empire Chicken

A while ago, I borrowed a few recipe books from our local library to see what sort of meals I could cook from them with little or no adaptation to make them gluten free. One of the books is Jamie's Great Britain and there's a delicious recipe I want to share that is becoming a bit of a favourite!

As I've said in a previous post, one of my favourite meals is a roast dinner. This recipe brings an Indian twist and is great for an alternative to your traditional Sunday lunch.

Empire Chicken

The recipe can be found on Jamie Oliver's website

Have a look through the ingredients required and you'll notice there are only a couple of changes you'll need to make this gluten-free. Flour is needed to thicken the gravy - here you could either use gluten-free flour, or even cornflour. The gravy also calls for Worcestershire Sauce. I have yet to find a gluten-free Worcestershire Sauce (and would be grateful if anyone can suggest one!) but I have previously used balsamic vinegar as an alternative.

..and that's it. Those are the only changes you need to make and this dish really is worth the effort!

No comments:

Post a Comment